Jeans guru Renzo Rosso co-founded Diesel 35 years ago, at the ripe old age of 23. Since then, Diesel has evolved into to a lifestyle brand with revenues of $2 billion in 2012. Through a holding company called Only The Brave, Rosso has spent the last decade snapping up majority stakes in small, upmarket fashion houses all across Europe: Paris-based Maison Martin Margiela, Amsterdam’s Viktor & Rolf, and this past December, Milanese label Marni. The avid snowboarder and guitar player owns South Beach design hotel The Pelican as well as a winery near his northern Italian home and invests in tech startups including Nonabox, a Birchbox for pregnant women.
1. Enjoy perfect Italian cuisine at Dal Bolognese.
2. Visit the Salone Del Mobile (of course) Milan Fairgrounds, Rho.
3. Don’t forget the other side of Salone. See what’s happening in Lambrate and check out Diesel’s Social Kitchen.
4. Go store hopping throughout Milan.
5. Go gallery hopping randomly throughout the city.
6. Meet your friends (and everyone in town for that matter) for drinks at the Four Seasons (Via Gesù, 6-8)